Le Temps des Cerises

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Cafe Life


I have to say that it is quite a doggie's paradise here in Paris.There isn't a restaurant in the city which shuts its doors to me and a walk out at the weekend with my Mum is hardly complete without a stop in cafe, preferably one with a resident dog so I can have a chat. I do like to have a nice croissant and creme of a Saturday morning. Sometimes my Mum has got only walking on her mind, or even WORSE only shopping, and I have to remind her quite firmly that we need a coffee break. I do this quite simply by heading determinedly towards the inviting looking cafe doorway of my choice, and gazing inwards. I just hold this stance while my mum goes though her little routine. "Cherry we're not stopping for a coffee. Cherry we can't afford a coffee today. Cherry we need to look for SHOES. Cherry come on, come, come good girl. Oh alright then, let's have a coffee. Will that table there do" ? Ah, bliss the required stop has been achieved. Told you. She's a complete pushover. Now all I need to do is get the waiter's attention for my bowl of water, speak with the resident dog, and await the crumbs under the table. Ah cafe life. Took to it like a duck to water.">

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home