Le Temps des Cerises

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Like it 'ere


"I'm not getting off the table till you promise not to move it again!"

Mummy and I are off to the Dordogne with Auntie Annie this summer and it's about time too. My mum has spent too much time lately re-arranging furniture - usually at 3 o clock in the morning, and I really need a holiday from this.

For the moment she's all pleased with herself as she re-arranged it yet again last night - I wonder how long this will last - and she's typing away now, with candles burning everywhere; even outside in the garden. The pink sofa is now the nice warm pink squashy main feature of the room perfectly placed for me to lounge on and survey every corner of my domain. I even let Mum have a go on it a couple of times; graciously retiring to my basket under the table.

What brought on the latest bout of frenzied furniture-moving was a trip on a train to a very large building that was rather delightfully full of sofas and beds and other resting places. My Mum and Auntie Gabrielle kept saying something about '"Like it ' ere" I think; and I must admit I did too.

You see it turned out to be more of a carries than a walkies. When we met up with Auntie Gabrielle, she immediately expressed her concern that dogs might actually not be allowed in this particular place. I tried to assure her that I'm not a dog, I'm a cavalier king charles spaniel but I am not sure if she heard me. Well would you credit it, when we arrived she was absolutely correct and four footed creatures were indeed respectfully requested to decline entering that doorway. Ha in your dreams - what they said was no dogs allowed. We were indignant all round - well Mum and me were and good old Auntie Gabrielle restrained herself from the least I told you so look or comment.

So what did they do but pop me in a stripy pink Habitat shopping bag which set off my fur nicely - although I think my collar clashed slightly between you and me. But what can you do Mum doesn't always SEE these things you know? So all morning long I masqueraded as an item of shopping. The best bit was being wheeled in her trolley. My ears were blowing back in the wind of our passing; other dogs in their trolleys were being left far behind as we whizzed around the Arc de Triomphe on one wheel ... okay okay artistic licence I'm a Pisces pup.

Anyway with a loaded down trolley we headed for the exit. I was by now sharing my vehicle with a few large boxes, several packets of candles, wicker baskets, and two rather large leafy ferns. What a girl has to put up with. But eventually we were home and as I say, my Mum is very pleased with herself. She followed the instructions to the letter in putting together her new little TV stand. The first picture in her little instructions book showed a man who is exlaiming in pain, having just dropped the box on his fingers. After my Mum had achieved this part, sucked her fingers on the floor for a while, she proceeded to follow the rest of the diagrams and put her furniture together .

So as I say, this has all led to yet to another incident of ' all change please!" and I hope this will be the last time before we go down to our holiday home in the Dordogne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home