Le Temps des Cerises

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Interesting Cities Beginning with "H"

" I'll keep a look out for her from up here Mum!""


Interesting Cities Beginning with "H"

Auntie Annie is on her way from Hobart, Hong Kong and Helsinki. And in Hampshire, Hurricanes Hardly Hever Happen. Breathy Audrey Hepburnisms aside, it does seem that Auntie Annie has a fondness for interesting cities beginning with the letter H. I am sure that she will like Paris However and we are Hurrying to the Hairport Hysterically Happily on Friday Hafternoon to greet Her. And we can't wait. To be Honest with you it's such a while since I've seen my Harntie Hannie that I'm wondering if I shall recognise her? No of course I shall. She will be the one smelling of Hong Kong and Helsinki with maybe just a vague hint of Hobart still lingering about her! As you know we doggies 'view' the world through our noses!

But talking of smells, I fear that I can feel a bath coming on. About once a month Mum gets that look in her eye, and I hear her purposefully retreat into the bathroom, cupboards opening, water running, lids being screwed off bottles.... in short a bath is being prepared for me. Arghh. I generally hide under the sofa as long as possible and if she does manage to get to me, and I am bathed malgré moi, then I hasten straight for the dusty, dirty underside of our garden terrace, where I can roll away the cleanness (ugh) and the shampoo smells (yuk). I'll emerge all dusty and pleased with myself, ready to greet Harntie Hannie on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home